Social Personal Health Education in St Gerald's College
St Gerald's College has a fullSPHE program in place within the school. It reflects the individual school ethos and is supported by a positive climate and atmosphere through the SPHE teachers. SPHE is a part of the Junior Cycle Curriculum, however it is not an exam subject for the Junior Certificate.
Aims of SPHE in St Gerald's College
- To enable the students to develop skills for self-fulfilment and living in communities.
- To promote self-esteem and self-confidence.
- To provide opportunities for reflection and discussion.
- To promote physical, mental and emotional health and well being.
SPHE is carried out over first year to third year and it covers ten key modules:
- Belonging and Integrating
- Communication Skills
- Physical Health
- Relationships and Sexuality (parents are consulted before thsi topic)
- Emotional Health
- Influences and Decisions
- Substance misuse
- Personal Safety
|< Prev||Next >|